Asst General Manager
The Assistant General Manager will:
-Manage the operations of the front office, including but not limited to front desk, transportation, and food and beverage to ensure compliance with company policies and achieve an optimal level of quality service to the hotel customers
-Manage the human resources including: hiring, training, coach and counseling, problem resolution, discipline and terminate, as appropriate
-Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems, operational issues, business flow and associate performance
-Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE: Manage the Rooms Department operations to achieve customer satisfactions, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchiser policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding guest expectations & financial goals.
1. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Front Office (Front Desk, Housekeeping, Reservations, PBX, Bell Stand, Food & Beverage, Concierge, Transportation, Valet) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers. (35%)
2. Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implement and monitor the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service (20%)
3. Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality (15%)
4. Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. (10%)
5. Liaise with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues. Also, includes being involved with Banquet Event Orders. (10%)
6. Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance. (5%)
Non- Essential Functions:
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
2. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
3. Perform the Manger on Duty functions as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: From two to three full years of full employment in a related position with IHC or other Hotel Companies
Skills and Abilities: Requires knowledge of discipline-specific Crossroads policies, procedures and services and general knowledge of other departments in the hotel. Requires supervision/management skills. Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction. Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable. Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
No. of employees supervised: 11-40
Travel required: Minimal. May be required to attend supplemental Management training classes.
Hours Required: 45 to 50 hours over a 5 day period. Day or evening shift and weekends per business demand.
Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)
Located 20 miles east of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and 15 Miles northeast of Love Field Airport, Hyatt Place Dallas/Park Central offers easy access to Dart Light Rail Rapid Transit and provides complimentary shuttle transportation within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Centrally located in North Dallas and situated near all downtown Dallas venues, with Texas Instruments, Medical City Hospital Dallas, and SMU University all only minutes away. During your stay, you can enjoy specialty Starbucks coffee drinks and friendly conversation at the intimate Bakery Cafe'. A Host will happily assist you with orders from the 24-hour Guest Kitchen, which offers cafe'-quality, made-to-order meals and snacks along with a complimentary continental breakfast daily.