NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures. Position is responsible for the daily operations of the Banquet area. Recommends procedural changes. May be involved in the budgeting process. Monitors daily revenues and payroll expenses.
1. Supervise the Banquet employees; interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
2. Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet section (order and maintain supplies, review set-up and food and beverage preparation and service) to ensure compliance with SOPs, Banquet Event Orders, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
3. Meet with the customers to review the Banquet Event Order and to review any changes, issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
4. Calculate and review the Banquet checks ensuring accuracy and present the check to the customer for signature to ensure payment.
5. Calculate and prepare the daily gratuities and payroll ensuring accurate, prompt reporting to the Finance department.
6. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the Banquet areas and equipment to protect the assets and ensure quality service.
7. Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in committees as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High school or equivalent. 2 years college preferred.
Experience: Two full years of employment in a related position.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage services, policies or operations.
Communication skills required to professionally provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests and team members.
Ability to provide exceptional guest service.
Must possess a positive attitude and be a team player.
Requires knowledge of computer software applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and keyboarding skills.
Requires mathematical and analytical capabilities.
Supervisory skills needed.
No. of employees supervised: Supervise eight to twenty
Travel required: As required
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period; days and times may vary based on need.