Cooks I, II, III, IV
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Cooks are responsible to prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
7. Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum one year food service or related work
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to efficiently produce an excellent product following all health and safety requirements
Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment
Ability to understand and follow directives
Good verbal and written English communication skills
Excellent guest service skills
Must be a positive, team player