F & B Manager
This is an Interstate Hotels and Resorts Position.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
Position is responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations in the front and back of the house. Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans. The major areas of responsibility/management include: Restaurant(s), Room Service, and Lounge(s),while coordinating the operations of the kitchen and banquets. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Senior Management team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Manage the day to day operations of the Food and Beverage outlets.
2. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division's annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
3. Implement and manage all company programs (IHC/Franchise) to ensure compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
4. Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
5. Manage the Human Resources within the division. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
6. Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
7. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
8. Develop and implement menus and back-up, (use records, production lists, pars, training, ect), with corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Execute and promote accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: Four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities:
Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food and beverage management.
Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities.
Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s), and/or corporate clients.
Guest at the Hilton Newark Penn Station hotel enjoy professional service, modern comforts and a great base for exploring New York City. Adjoining Newark Penn Station, you are only 20 minutes from downtown Manhattan via NJ Transport. The hotel’s complimentary airport shuttle service will have guests at Newark Liberty Airport in 15 minutes. Complimentary business center and guest rooms with WiFi. Guest's rooms provide the perfect place to relax after a hectic day, watch a movie on the flat screen TV, read the complimentary daily newspaper or listen to their favorite album with the Mp3 compatible alarm clock. Upgrades available to an executive room or suite to enjoy extra space and a range of special touches.
Guests can unwind with a work out in the fully equipped fitness center or head to the Market Street Grill for a drink with friends. This popular Newark restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving delicious freshly prepared cuisine. With the Gateway Center attached to the hotel no one is ever far away from a wide choice of shops and eateries. The 15 flexible function rooms at the Hilton Newark Penn Station hotel make it an ideal meeting venue in downtown Newark, New Jersey.
Guests can catch a train at the adjoining Penn Station and can be in the center of Manhattan within 20 minutes. The Hilton Newark Penn Station hotel is more than just a great base for exploring New York City. Sports fans will be delighted by the close proximity to the Prudential Center, home of the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, and the Red Bull Arena, home to MLS team-the New York Red Bulls. Guests can a head to the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, one of the largest in the country, and explore the cultural hub of Newark or take a trip of discovery at Newark Museum which holds must-see fine art and natural science displays.