FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR
Front Office Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that consistent high quality customer service is delivered. This individual provides guidance and leadership for the front office staff; a minimum of one year of supervisory experience is preferred.
This position requires a Pre-Hire Assessment as part of the application process. For best results we recommend you complete the assessment in one seating without any interruptions or distractions and therefore advise that you begin the application process when you can dedicate 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted time to apply for this opening.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise the desk clerks to ensure completion of essential duties necessary for an efficient Front Desk operation.
1. Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner. (45%)
2. Supervise desk clerks and work load during shift. Complete shift check-lists as specified. (20%)
3. Run accurate room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals. (5%)
4. Update daily group information; maintain and be familiar with future group files. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals. (5%)
5. Print cashiers report and verify balances. Verify all banks and deposits accordingly. (5%)
6. Monitor key control to maintain hotel security. (5%)
7. Respond to guest question regarding the hotel. Know the lay out of the hotel including all suites, parlors, meeting rooms and all outlets’ location and hours of operation. (5%)
1. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
2. Train, cross-train, and re-train (when necessary) all Front Desk Personnel.
3. Assist Front Desk and/or Front Office Manager when necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-2 years supervisory experience in a Hotel or other customer relations position.
Skills and Abilities:
Type a minimum of 35 wpm. IBM data entry experience desirable.
Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable.
Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
No. of employees supervised:Three to four employees.
Travel required: None.
Hours Required: 7:00-3:00 pm or 3:00 -11:00pm as assigned; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Just minutes from Manhattan Beach and the El Segundo/Rosecrans corridor offices, and less than 5 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach is an all-suite hotel with a townhouse-style setting. Perfect if you are working with Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Boeing, Chevron or Lockheed Martin. Los Angeles Air Force Base (LAAFB) staff, be sure to ask for government per diem rates at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach! Visiting Hermosa, Redondo, Venice Beaches or Torrance, our South Bay hotel will be a perfect home. Events & attractions nearby include beach volleyball, US Tennis Open & Home Depot Center. A day trip away from Santa Monica, Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA to the north or go south to Knotts Berry Farm & Disneyland. A famous area for Manhattan Beach Weddings and Family Reunions. Bring the whole family, including your pets (fee applies). You cannot go wrong with the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach.