Housekeeper is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of guestrooms and other assigned areas. Requirements include: the ability to lift, bend, move heavy equipment; remain on one’s feet for extended periods of time; and an individual who is team oriented and dedicated to providing excellent service and ensuring that IHR’s highest cleanliness standards are met.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Clean guest rooms and stock with appropriate supplies in the prescribed manner while following safety and security procedures and regulations. To include but not limited to
- Picking up trash
- Changing linen and making the bed
– Cleaning entire bathroom
- Sweeping and dusting guest room
– Cleaning the windows and/or balcony
2. Retrieve, stock, restock and store the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping, safety and security procedures and regulations.
3. Receive assigned section, keys, supplies and any priority room requests from the Senior Housekeeper. Turn in keys and unused supplies at end of shift.
4. Respond to guest requests and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
5. Report any missing articles, damage or mechanical problems to the Senior Housekeeper and turn in articles left in room.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Coordinate with Housekeeping Supervisor on work priorities and provide assistance when needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: No formal education required
Experience: Prior housekeeping experience desirable
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate in English
Must have the ability to clean rooms during an eight hour working day
Self-starting personality with an even disposition
Ability to meet standards of appearance
Can communicate well with guests
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need
Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying : Constantly pushing loaded supply cart from room to room, carrying tote tray with replacement amenities to assigned floor, arranging drapery and replacement linen, carrying dirty linen to laundry shoot, operating vacuum.
The Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown is among the finest hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Housed in the historic Marshall Fields building, our all suites hotel blends old-world splendor with modern amenities.
Among the best hotels downtown Milwaukee has to offer, the Residence Inn features apartment-style suites with full kitchens & spacious layouts.
Downtown location on the popular Milwaukee RiverWalk, close to shopping, dining & entertainment.
Recently renovated, we offer leisure guests and business travelers spacious suites and fantastic amenities in an incredible location. Popular attractions such as the Milwaukee Public Market, Milwaukee Art Museum, and the Summerfest grounds are just minutes from the hotel. Top businesses & corporations are mere blocks away.
Guests can choose from studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens, luxurious bedding, flat-screen TVs, and separate living areas. They can visit our on-site market, business center and fitness center, all open 24/7, and enjoy a daily breakfast buffet and evening social hour with food and drinks (Mon-Wed). Whether they are here on business, visiting the city for pleasure, or looking for an excellent Milwaukee extended stay hotel, the will feel right at home at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown!