BASIC PURPOSE: Properly set, clean and maintain all function rooms, service corridors, storerooms and public function areas in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Responsible for all directing work of other banquet housepersons.
2. Correctly and efficiently set up and break down all department functions.
3. Keep function room area and storage areas clean and neat at all times.
4. Return all equipment not in use to proper storage area in clean condition before the end of each shift.
5. Check electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords for equipment in use.
6. Service/freshen all meeting rooms during breaks.
7. Assist guests whenever possible, referring all requests which are beyond scope of responsibility immediately to supervisor.
8. Perform periodic deep cleaning of banquet areas.
9. Check temperature and see if all lights are working and adjusted properly.
10. Working knowledge of AV equipment, assist AV person/guest as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior labor intensive work experience preferred
- Able to lift, push, carry 20-50 lbs
- Must possess exceptional guest service skills
- Must have a positive demeanor
- Must have an excellent worth ethic and be motivated
- Able to read and speak English
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Ability to pass a background and reference check
Hours Required: Flexible – days/evenings/weekends/holidays
Scheduled days and times may vary based on need
Lifting 20-40 lbs (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. Pushing 50-100 lbs (carts, queen marys, hot box, portable bar) Carry 20-40 lbs (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc)