Line cook is a members of the Food & Beverage Team. S/he is responsible for: preparation of food “to order” for the hotel restaurant; ensures consistent quality; and follows IHR’s Standard Operating Procedures and Food Safety procedures. This individual is required to be detailed oriented, works well in a team environment and enjoys serving customers in a positive, friendly and courteous manner.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
The Line Cook will
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers. (60%)
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs. (15%)
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures. (5%)
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked. (10%)
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables. (5%)
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. (3%)
Located in Macon, Georgia, "the Cherry Blossom Capitol of the World" the Macon Marriott City Center is an ideal downtown hotel with convenient access to all of Macon's historical sites, museum district, art galleries, and trendy night spots. Our Macon, Georgia hotel's guestrooms and suites feature luxurious bedding, wireless internet and a 37" flat panel TV. For business travelers, our Macon hotel is conveniently connected to the Macon Centreplex convention center. Our Macon, GA hotel offers 5,000 sq ft of meeting space and a state-of-the-art business center in addition to the meeting space at the Macon Centreplex convention center. After a day of conferences, meetings or sightseeing unwind and enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center. Meet up with colleagues at the Vintage restaurant and bar before your night out. Unique among luxury hotels in Macon, GA, our warm and inviting environment makes the Marriott the best choice for business travel, weekend getaways or family vacations.