Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for room, restaurant and bar daily work; maintaining files; and resetting the systems for the next day's operations. This position requires basic knowledge of accounting operations, mathematical skills, and computing skills.
This position requires a Pre-Hire Assessment as part of the application process. For best results we recommend you complete the assessment in one seating without any interruptions or distractions and therefore advise that you begin the application process when you can dedicate 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted time to apply for this opening.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE : Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure IHC and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets' (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information. (30%)
2. Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc. to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed. (25%)
3. Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing. (20%)
4. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports. (5%)
5. Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily. (5%)
6. Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly. (5%)
7. Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts. (5%)
The Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel is located in the center of downtown San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel offers fantastic city views. Our tastefully appointed, newly-renovated guest rooms begin on the 6th floor and all offer free wireless internet access. Located in the lower Nob Hill / Pacific Heights neighborhood, near all major attractions. The hotel Restaurant and Lounge are conveniently located on the lobby level. Other hotel features include an exercise room and outdoor heated pool.