Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for room, restaurant and bar daily work; maintaining files; and resetting the systems for the next day's operations. This position requires basic knowledge of accounting operations, mathematical skills, and computing skills.
This position requires a Pre-Hire Assessment as part of the application process. For best results we recommend you complete the assessment in one seating without any interruptions or distractions and therefore advise that you begin the application process when you can dedicate 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted time to apply for this opening.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
1. Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets' (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information. (30%)
2. Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc. to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed. (25%)
3. Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing. (20%)
4. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports. (5%)
5. Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily. (5%)
6. Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly. (5%)
7. Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts. (5%)
1. Assist the Night Mgr/Night Audit Supervisor as requested. (2%)
2. Assist PBX in taking and placing wake-up calls, as needed. (2%)
3. Perform the duties of a bellperson as requested. (1%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Accounting background preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate Personal Computer, Cash Register and Calculator.
Ability to compile facts and figures.
Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
The Sheraton Arlington Hotel,where the thoughtful touches make all the difference. From granite marble tops, plasma TVs, and walk-in marble tile showers, to the celebrated "ahhh" of our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeperâ” bed, guests will notice the Sheraton difference in even the smallest details. It's just one of the reasons why Sheraton is where friends, family, and colleagues gather.
It's not just the small touches that shine at Sheraton Arlington Hotel – it's our Arlington hotel features, as well. Guests can unwind by our outdoor pool and spa, or set and spike in front of our pool volleyball net. They can finish their day with a relaxing soak in our whirlpool/hot tub, or with a great meal at one of our Arlington, TX restaurants. Use our complimentary airport shuttle service to get here and away with ease. They will feel at home away from home at our hotel.