Restaurant Server-AM, Full Time – Twin City Quarter – Marriott Winston
Food server is a member of the Food & Beverage team. Requirements include: basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards and guest relations and etiquette; knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items; basic English language communication skills; and the ability to carry large, heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout the shift; must demonstrate the a guest oriented and friendly demeanor.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE : Effectively promote, take and deliver food and beverage orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Accurately and quickly take and place all food orders with the kitchen, according to the prescribed procedure. (25%)
2. Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all items. (5%)
3. Prepare and deliver beverage and dessert orders. (10%)
4. Check food to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and deliver food orders in a timely fashion. (25%)
5. Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest before their departure. (20%)
6. Collect payment from the guest. (10%)
Winston-Salem's only full-service Marriott Hotel. Conveniently located just off Business 40 at the Cherry Street Exit Downtown. Experience four-star service complete with club levels, concierge lounge, WS Prime Cafe health club & business center. At Marriott Hotels & Resorts, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining,exemplary meeting facilities and our time-honored 'spirit to serve'.
Facility: Twin City Quarter – Marriott Winston-SalemCategory: Hospitality