Sales Manager is responsible for: managing accounts to achieve guest satisfaction; and ensuring all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting past and new business. Requirements include: the ability to effectively communicate with guests in a friendly and positive manner; the ability to meet/exceed client needs; and resolve complaints; and knowledge of departmental interaction and organizational structure in a hospitality context.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
GREAT position for a sales coordinator who would like to take the next step!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc…) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
2. Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
3. Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
4. Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
5. Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests. Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices. Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendation. Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
The Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown is among the finest hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Housed in the historic Marshall Fields building, our all suites hotel blends old-world splendor with modern amenities.
Among the best hotels downtown Milwaukee has to offer, the Residence Inn features apartment-style suites with full kitchens & spacious layouts.
Downtown location on the popular Milwaukee RiverWalk, close to shopping, dining & entertainment.
Recently renovated, we offer leisure guests and business travelers spacious suites and fantastic amenities in an incredible location. Popular attractions such as the Milwaukee Public Market, Milwaukee Art Museum, and the Summerfest grounds are just minutes from the hotel. Top businesses & corporations are mere blocks away.
Guests can choose from studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens, luxurious bedding, flat-screen TVs, and separate living areas. They can visit our on-site market, business center and fitness center, all open 24/7, and enjoy a daily breakfast buffet and evening social hour with food and drinks (Mon-Wed). Whether they are here on business, visiting the city for pleasure, or looking for an excellent Milwaukee extended stay hotel, the will feel right at home at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown!