1. Manage the day to day catering sales activities in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate catering sales managers and associates; train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, and discipline as appropriate. (50%)
2. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the catering budget, sales and marketing strategy/plan, goals and forecasts to maximize the hotel's public meeting space and meet/exceed management expectations.
3. Develop and implement special packages and create new menus within corporate guidelines while keeping abreast of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
4. Coordinate and assist in planning catering service/banquet operations through the Banquet Manager and implement company programs (IHC/Franchiser) in the Catering Department to ensure compliance with LSOP's and SOP's, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
5. Review and direct the work of outside contractors maximizing revenues while ensuring set-up, pricing and following through meets hotel and corporate quality standards and customer satisfaction is achieved.
Our guests can relax in resort-style setting of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tucson - Reid Park, a great hotel in Tucson, Arizona. The moment our guests arrive, they'll receive a warm chocolate chip cookie as a welcome gift. Surrounded by the Sonora Desert and four miles from Downtown Tucson, the hotel is across the street from Reid Park featuring a zoo and golf courses. Our guests can take a complimentary shuttle to attractions within a 3-mile radius of the hotel.
Our guests can host meetings and events in the picturesque setting, taking advantage of 22,000 sq. ft. of versatile space. They can choose from our Grand ballroom, several meeting rooms or outdoor space, and rely on our expert events team to help organize the details. Guests can also keep in touch at the business center with useful services and enjoy the complimentary WiFi access in the lobby.
Guests can wind down in one of our 287 guest rooms with a 42-inch television, WiFi access, and modern amenities. Or choose to stay in a unique casita - a private villa with everything they will need for a relaxing stay including a kitchen, living room and private patio. They can also choose a suite for stunning views of the surrounding mountains or citrus courtyard.
View more jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tucson - Reid Park